A few more pictures of the construction. I have now painted the chassis and completed the roof section. I used a continuous plastic hinge for the roof which I discovered whilst purchasing the gas struts. This is hinge is great as it seals the joint as well and means I do not have to use a gutter type design and rubber molding to keep out the rain. The hinge came in a 3.0 Meter length and is guaranteed for 50,000 openings.
First coat of Paint on Chassis
View showing spring hanger fittings
Extra Floor supports. As I am using 3.0mm (1/8″) Aluminium sheet for the floor as opposed to Chequer (Tread Plate) I needed more support. I decided on flat plate for the floor as it is easier to sweep out than Tread Plate. I notched the 20 x 20 SHS supports into the Angle to give a flat face on the upper side so that I can use a Polyurethane adhesive to affix the flooring Sheets.
Third coat of paint applied. I wish I had sent it to get blasted and sprayed as hand painting took so long.
Tow hitch plate
Spring hanger mount
I purchased a Drop T handle for the rear door with linkage rods. I used the 20 x 20 SHS to make the handle mounting.
For the rear door I used 50×25 RHS for extra support as the rear door is also the loading ramp. I used the 20 x 20 SHS for cross members which I will affix 3.0mm aluminium on the Inside (Ramp upper side when door is lowered) and Composite board on the outside. I spaced the cross members to suit 1200 width Aluminum sheet and 1220 wide Composite board.
The Handle mount detail
I sloped the leading edge as this will be the base of the ramp when door is lowered.
I will need to fold the smaller Aluminium sheet to follow the frame.
Frame for the lifting roof panel
Roof panel laid out ready to be glued.
Glued one section Sealant down ready for next panel.
The composite panels are 0.4mm aluminium sandwiching 3.0mm polypropylene sheet and painted with two pack white one side and orange the other. For the roof section I decided to put the white side to the top to help reflect heat a bit.
I have a few more brackets to weld in to fix the small fill in floor panels and then I will be cladding the main body. Hopefully next week I should be ready to get it registered.